Well, heres the breakdown
So far its been
- Surgeon $4000 (deposit only, the don’t know the full amount before surgery in case something happens)
- Anethesist $500 deposit (same reason as above)
- Hospital $500 (excess for the health fund) other than that, the hospital should be covered by the private health insurance
- Pathology $311.30
- Surgeon pre op visit 1 $150
- Surgeon pre op visit 2 $80
I don’t yet know what medicare will cover but I’ve been told its very little. The health fund will probably match what medicare pays aparently but I will find out soon.
So, Total so far is $5543.30
I’m just waiting for all the final bills to come in so I can go and visit the medicare office and upset the people in line behind me.